Posts tagged whole foods
- An entire years supply of Salba
- The Astoria Mills entire line of Gluten-Free baking products
- Ann’s book “Better Being”
Every month, I will be giving away over $250 worth of whole food or natural product prizes!
Salba® is a fantastic stealth way to get Omega 3′s, Fiber and Antioxidants into your daily meals, snacks and smoothies.
Astoria Mills has created a brilliant Gluten Free 7 step “system” to enjoy delicious breads, cakes, flapjacks and so much more.
Sign up for my exclusive recipe book and enjoy the benefits of healthy whole food living……the Better Being way.
My July contest starts now and runs until the end of the month. I will be selecting the winner who will be notified by email!
Be sure to join the Better Being facebook page and check back here for contest updates.
I am looking forward to meeting the team at the West Van Wholefoods (I love this store).
I will be doing an in store training and information session on super whole foods and my book the morning of Thursday May 13th (my lucky number?!).
Come hungry team!
Thanks Park Royal Wholefoods Team!
Here are some updated pictures of a great day of training (thanks to Tracy for the pics)!
- 19 ounce white beans – canned
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoon Salba Ground
- 2 tablespoon Flour – unbleached
- 4 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup White wine
- 1 Red pepper – thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Minced parsley
- 2 tablespoon Mums Original Hempseed
- 1 tablespoon Mums Original Hempseed Oil
- 2 tablespoon Grated Parmesan cheese
- Use a hand wand to mash beans well, stir in white pepper and ground salba. Sprinkle flour onto clean counter and knead dough into flour, keeping counter dusted throughout process. Divide dough into 8 pieces and set aside while you prepare remaining ingredients.
- Measure extra virgin olive oil into skillet and set over low heat. Add minced garlic and pepper flakes. Slice red pepper and parsley and set aside.
- Roll one of the 8 dough pieces at a time into a 6 inch snake and slice into 1 inch sections. Press with a fork to look like real gnocchi and lay on non stick baking sheet that has been coated with extra virgin olive oil, bake in 350F oven for 10 minutes. Turn once and bake 2-5 more minutes.
- To continue with the sauce… add white wine to skillet and stir in red pepper as well as parsley just to warm. Add Mums Original™ hemp seed oil for 1 minute just to warm.
- Remove gnocchi to a platter and pour sauce over gnocchi and top with Mum\’s Original™ hemp seed as well as parmesan cheese.
A recipe by Theresa Albert.
Makes 12 burgers.
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoon red onion, shredded
- 3/4 cup carrot, shredded
- 3/4 cup mushroom, diced
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 sun dried tomato, diced small
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 4 tablespoon Salba® whole seed
- 6 tablespoon water
- to garnish: 6 big Romaine lettuce leaves
- optional: mustard, ketchup, pickles and buns
- Add the Salba® seeds to the 6 tablespoons of water, and let this sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Saute the mushrooms in the coconut oil.
- Put the pumpkin seeds and the walnuts in a food processor and dice them very small.
- Add the red onion, carrot, mushrooms, garlic, pepper, sun dried tomatos, parsley, basil, paprika powder, soaked Salba®, tameri sauce and the salt.
- Roll of the hamburger paste into 12 balls and shape them into hamburgers patties.
- Dehydrate the burgers on 105 F or 40 C till the burgers feel dry. This process can take several hours. If you don’t have a dehydrator you can also use an open oven (don’t do this if there are pets or kids nearby).
- Optional: top burger with ketchup, pickles and mustard.